The county auditor is the chief financial officer of the county. As such, the auditor has auditing and reporting responsibilities for the entire county government. By statute, the auditor is responsible for the "strict enforcement of the law governing county finances".
The Victoria County Auditor...
- Is appointed by the district judge(s)
- Prepares, administers and reports financial accounting of all county funds
- Reports all results of financial accounting operations to the Commissioners' Court and District Judges of Victoria County
- Audits the records and accounts of the various county departments
- Verifies the validity and legality of all county disbursements
- Forecasts financial data for budgetary formulation purposes
- Developing and implementing cash management programs and investing idle funds
- General audit oversight of the books and records maintained by the elected and appointed officials of the Victoria County
- Processing vendor payments and payroll
- Financial advice to Commissioners' Court, when requested.