Civil FAQ

  • An action brought to enforce, redress, or protect a private or civil right; a non-criminal litigation.

  • In Small Claims Court, (Justice of the Peace) forms are supplied and you can represent yourself. In County and District Courts, you can file a civil suit without an attorney as long as you can properly represent yourself in court in front of the judge and are aware of the proper paperwork to be filed in the case.

  • Justice of the Peace Court (Small Claims) Up to $10,000

    County Court $500 to $200,000

    District Court $50,000 and above...

  • A person who brings an action; the party who complains or sues in a civil action.

  • The person defending or denying; the party against whom relief or recovery is sought in an action or suit.

VICTORIA COUNTY, 115 N. Bridge St., Victoria TX. 77901
Graphics Design By: Clint Chovanec, Web Developer: Raul Villalobos Jr., Powered By: Joomla
Website Disclaimer