Requirements for a "Formal Marriage License";
- Both parties must appear before the county clerk;
- Submit proof of identity and age;
- Provide information applicable to each person for which space is provided;
- Mark the appropriate boxes provided in the application and;
- Take the oath printed on the application and sign before the county clerk.
You may use any of the following as proof of identity;
- Driver's License or Identification Card issued by the State of Texas or another state;
- United States Passport
- A Current Passport Issued by a Foreign Country;
- Original or Certified Copy of Birth Certificate issued by Bureau of Vital Statistic for a state or a foreign government. Must present a valid form of government issued ID; or
- Military ID
- MUTILATED FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED (Ex. torn, taped together, or laminated).
For Certified Copies of a marriage license you may request them in person, by phone or submit a written request by mail.
Certified Copies are $7.00 each. Certified Copies cannot be faxed.