How can I...
Animal Services - Complaints

Victoria County Animal Services responds to animal complaints in the City and County of Victoria. Some of the complaints we respond to include:
  • Animal Bites
  • Aggressive Dogs
  • Loose Dogs
  • Nuisance Pets

In accordance with state law all animal bites must be reported to Animal Services. Animal Control Officers are available Monday - Thursday 8 am - 5 pm and Friday 8 am - 3 pm. After hours, on weekends, and holidays please call (in the city) Victoria PD @ 573-3221 (in the county) Victoria SO @ 574-8040.

Please know that any animal found in violation of any city or county ordinance can be impounded. There will be fees to reclaim an owned pet from our facility. Also impoundment of an animal does not keep an owner from receiving citations for violations. All stray animals must be held for 5 business days.

Though we try to resolve all issues in the City of Victoria sometimes this is not the case. In these cases a citizen within the city limits may file a complaint directly to the city by filling out a Citizens Complaint Form and returning it to Municipal Court at 107 W. Juan Linn St.

If you are having problems with nuisance wildlife you will need to contact a pest control company for abatement options.

City Ordinances
Animal Control Fees
County Ordinances