How can I...

Hours of Operation:
8:00 AM - 4:45 PM
Monday - Friday
Closed: Weekends, Holidays

205 N. Bridge St. Suite 101
Victoria, TX 77901
View Map & Directions

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 2569
Victoria, TX 77902

Contact Numbers:
(361) 576-3671
(361) 576-0477 (Fax)

Victoria County Tax Office

Property Tax

Frequently Asked Questions

  • By mail: Ashley Hernandez

    205 N. Bridge St. Ste 101
    Victoria, TX 77901
    By phone: (361) 576-3671
    By fax: (361) 576-0744
    By e-mail: 

  • Tax notices are usually mailed in October. Taxes are due upon receipt of the statement. Penalty & Interest begins to accrue on February 1st. Payments are posted according to postmark. If payment is mailed in late January, please be sure to have the envelope postmarked by the post office not later than January 31st.

    Penalty is imposed at the statutory rate of 6% on the 1st day of the delinquency month, and will increase 1% on the 1st day of each month thereafter, with a final 2% on July 1st for a total of 12%. Interest is imposed at 1% per month. Interest is imposed at the statutory rate of 1% on the 1st day of each month beginning with the first day of delinquency, which is normally February 1st of each year
  • It is the owner's responsibility to ensure the information on their tax statement is correct. All requests for general information changes are done through the Victoria Central Appraisal District:

    2805 N. Navarro St. #300
    Victoria, TX 77901
    (361) 576-3621

  • If your taxes are to be paid by a mortgage company and you receive the statement, write your loan number on the tax notice and send it immediately to your mortgage company.
  • If you do not receive a tax statement before November 1st of each year, contact the Victoria County Tax Office and request a statement be mailed. However, failure to receive a tax notice does not affect the validity of the tax, penalty, interest, the due date, the existence of a tax lien, or any procedure instituted to collect a tax (sec 31.01(g) Texas Property Tax Code). It is the property owners responsibility to make sure that the correct name and address is listed for each property owned.
  • Payments of property taxes in any of our offices can be made in the form of cash, checks, money orders, and debit/credit cards. Please Note: There is a convenience fee for using the debit/credit card service.

    A $30.00 service charge will be added to any check returned by your bank for any reason.

    Partial payments are accepted.

    Over the Phone Payments:

    Dial: 1-877-253-4085

    This phone number is strictly for Victoria County Texas Residents ONLY. 

    -Bureau Code 1071003 will be needed to make any payments
    -There will be a convenience fee of 2.30% minimum of $1.00 on debit/credit cards
    -There is a flat fee of $0.50 when payment is made with an Electronic Check.

    **Please advise E-check payments will not post to your account immediately.

    The confirmation email you receive will show payment is confirmed.

  • Contact the Victoria Central Appraisal District and they will be able to assist you with any exemption qualification questions.
  • Yes. This office does accept partial payments, however, any remaining balance not paid by January 31st will begin to accrue penalty and interest. Should you wish to make a partial payment beginning in October when you receive your statement, please write your property account number on your check/money order with the words partial payment.
  • You will need to contact the Victoria Central Appraisal District to make any changes to your account. Their office makes any and all changes and are then sent to this office by them.
  • Check your closing papers or contact the title company. It is possible that the title company may have collected from the seller and credited you at the time of closing which would mean that you, as the new buyer, are responsible for paying the tax when due.
  • For information regarding tax rates and tax bills, contact the Victoria County Tax Office (Question 1). For information regarding property values, exemptions, protests, etc., contact the Victoria Central Appraisal District.